What should a wedding ring cost?
So there you are, the newly engaged couple, at home, sitting on the couch, scrolling through Pinterest trying to figure out what kind of wedding ring you want to wear for the rest of your life. Yes, the rest of your life! An important choice. But what budget should you spend on a wedding ring. And how can you make sure that you are not paying too much for your ring?
The price of a wedding ring is mainly determined by the daily price of the precious material, the width, thickness, weight, the processing and diamond selection of the ring. For some jewelers, even the ring size is a factor that can raise the price.
You should know that gold is naturally yellow. If you choose for a rose golden ring, then a little more copper is added. If you choose white gold, palladium is added, to give the gold the typical white color. So an 18 carat rosé, white and yellow gold ring all consist of 75% pure gold and the other 25% consists of silver and copper or palladium. Only the proportions are slightly different per shade of gold. In principle, the shade of gold you prefer, should not be an additional cost.
On the contrary, the production and of course the design of the ring cost something, that price depends on the product-technical difficulty of the design and the diamond choice. Simple machined rings will be slightly cheaper than handmade designs that contained many production and design hours. But then of course you also have a special and unique weddingring.
Engraving the rings can also be an extra cost. With Ines Bouwen, however, this is included in the price. So you should not worry about that when choosing us.